[FieldTrip] ICA question

Nenad Polomac polomacnenad at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 10:04:23 CET 2012

Dear all,

I have one question concerning ft_componentanalysis.

I want to calculate ICA for my data in order to detect EOG artifacts and
remove those ICA components. I have recorded EOG electrodes as well, but I
am not sure where I should enter channels' label for them. I assume that
ICA calculation will be more accurate if I provide data from EOG electrodes.

So my question is how to inform ft_componentanalysis about EOG data?

My configuration for the ICA analysis looks like this:

    cfg = [];
    cfg.method = 'runica';
    cfg.runica.pca = 90;
    cfg.runica.maxsteps = 600;
    cfg.runica.stop = 1e-7;
    cfg.runica.extended = 1;
    ica_comp = ft_componentanalysis(cfg, data);

Thank you in advance!

Nenad