[FieldTrip] averaging FT_FREQANALYSIS.

Stephen Whitmarsh stephen.whitmarsh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 17:25:04 CET 2012

Dear Fanny,

You should be able to do all that within ft_freqanalysis directly. I advice
you to read the relevant documentation in the tutorials, and walkthrough,
on the FT site.

To answer your question more directly, however, its helpfull to know the
cfg you called ft_freqanalysis with and the datastructure you end up with.

I'm guessing you used method = 'mtmconvol'? If interested in a single
timewindow you could use method = 'fft', for instance.

Specifing a specific frequency band is possible by adding tapers to your
frequency of interest (as explained in the documentation).

Alternatively, you can use ft_selectdata using 'avgoverfreq' and
'avgovertime' parameters after you did freqanalysis. That might be a quick
(but dirty) solution as well.

Hope that helps for now,
Stephen