[FieldTrip] ft_freqstatistics tutorial question

Nenad Polomac polomacnenad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 11:30:50 CET 2012

Dear all,

I have one doubt. I want to calculate ft_freqstatistics on my MEG date
obtained form  ft_freqanalysis. However, I see now in
ft_freqstatistics  tutorial that you suggest that operation should be done
on planar gradient data. So, the first  ft_megplanar and then
ft_freqanalysis, ft_combineplanar and ft_freqstatistics. My question is,
does this step of calculating planar gradients for time frequency analysis
is necessary or not? Could I apply statistic on the data
from ft_freqanalysis without any involvement of planar gradients
calculation.
Thank you in advance!

All the best!

Nenad