[FieldTrip] Minimal Stimulus Condition to evoke a detectable MEG response

Mehmet-Akif Coskun mcoskun at mail.uh.edu
Thu Nov 1 17:30:02 CET 2012

Dear Fieldtrippers,

Is there any study that measured the minimal stimulus condition required to evoke a detectable MEG response. We acquire our data using 4D 248 sensor device and our stimulus is 1.8 kg/cm^2. We know this is above average but we also would like to know what is the threshold?

Also in many papers that i have seen, the threshold is measured as deflection of skin in mm. Is there a method that i can convert our units to find the deflection of skin?

I will greatly appreciate any helps,
Thanks in advance,
Mehmet