[FieldTrip] ICA for merged EEG recordings

Roni Tibon ronitibon at gmail.com
Wed May 16 09:54:56 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I have a question which is not directly related to fieldtrip, but I bet you
can help me with that :)

I'm running a very long EEG experiment (takes about 3 hours), so we decided
to run it in two sessions, in two following days.
I used the Biosemi Merger to merge the files from day 1 and day 2, and want
to run ICA to remove blinks and eye-movements.

Would you say it's better to run ICA on the merged file, or do you think it
would be best to run ICA separately for each file, and then merge the data?

Thanks!
Roni