[FieldTrip] center of sphere artefact

Johanna Zumer johanna.zumer at donders.ru.nl
Thu May 17 15:37:06 CEST 2012

Dear Frederic,

I see that you have computed the 'noise' (from
cfg.lcmv.projectnoise='yes').  You can often use this output to remove the
center of sphere artifact to which you refer.  Have you tried this (i.e.
described here
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/beamformer#neural_activity_index )
and does this help?

Also, how much is the rank of the covariance matrix (i.e. cov_data.cov)
reduced relative to number of sensors you have?  In other words, if
length(indx) is much less than the number of sensors, then you may need a
cfg.lcmv.lambda greater than 5%.

Best,
Johanna