[FieldTrip] specification of lambda in ft_sourceanalysis

Kathrin Müsch k.muesch at uke.uni-hamburg.de
Tue May 8 17:32:47 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I would like to regularize my data when calculating a DICS beamformer. In the discussion list, I found that most users set cfg.lambda = '5%' but I also found cfg.lambda = 0.05. Considering a previous post (http://mailman.science.ru.nl/pipermail/fieldtrip/2010-July/002947.html), I assume that these two options are not the same, right? Is there a rule of thumb for the specification of lambda? In addition, what aspects of my data and of my analysis should I also take into consideration?

Any information is appreciated,
Kathrin

_____________________________________
Kathrin Müsch, PhD student

Dept. of Neurophysiology and Pathophysiology
University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf
Martinistr. 52
20246 Hamburg
Germany
Phone: +49-40-7410-54680
Fax: +49-40-7410-57752
E-Mail: k.muesch at uke.uni-hamburg.de

--
Pflichtangaben gemäß Gesetz über elektronische Handelsregister und Genossenschaftsregister sowie das Unternehmensregister (EHUG):

Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf; Körperschaft des öffentlichen Rechts; Gerichtsstand: Hamburg

Vorstandsmitglieder: Prof. Dr. Guido Sauter (Vertreter des Vorsitzenden), Dr. Alexander Kirstein, Joachim Prölß, Prof. Dr. Dr. Uwe Koch-Gromus