[FieldTrip] resend: missing cfg.bandwidth field

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue Jun 26 20:14:25 CEST 2012

Hi Karl,

Just check the original paper: the bandwidth is a required parameter for the thing to be computed in the first place, because the metric is computed by integrating over a specified frequency band. You as a user should specify it; and even more so, the value is up to you ;-).

JM

On Jun 26, 2012, at 7:36 PM, Karl Doron wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Apologies for the double email. I sent the previous one without finishing.
>
> I'm trying to use ft_connectivityanalysis with the phase slope index method. There is an error in ft_connectivityanalysis because the field "bandwidth" is missing. I don't find the bandwidth field to be output in any of the ft_freqanalysis functions. Is it simply the foi/some smoothing amount?
>
> cfg                     = [];
> cfg.method         = 'psi';
> psi                     = ft_connectivityanalysis(cfg, freq);
>
> selection fourierspctrm along dimension 2
> averaging crsspctrm over rpt
> removing dimension rpt from crsspctrm
> Reference to non-existent field 'bandwidth'.
>
> Error in ft_connectivityanalysis (line 719)
>     nbin   = nearest(data.freq, data.freq(1)+cfg.bandwidth)-1;
>

> freq was computed with the following:
>
> cfg            = [];
> cfg.channel    = chans; %{'MEG', '-A41','-A71'};
> cfg.channelcmb = chancmb;
> cfg.method     = 'mtmconvol';
> cfg.output     = 'fourier';
> cfg.keeptrials = 'yes';
> cfg.foi        = band(1):band(2); %8:12Hz
> cfg.toi        = 1.8:0.01:3.0;
> cfg.t_ftimwin  = 5./cfg.foi;
> cfg.taper      = 'hanning';
>
> freq           = ft_freqanalysis(cfg, data);
>

> Thanks you,
>
> Karl Doron, phd
> UC, Santa Barbara

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793