[FieldTrip] Cluster statistics - WCM

Anne Urai a.urai.11 at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jun 26 16:00:37 CEST 2012

When specifying the configuration of clusterstatistic, there are the
options 'maxsum', 'max', 'maxsize' and 'wcm'. There seems to be no
explanation of the 'wcm' option in the documentation that I can find,
except that the option needs an extra cfg.wcm_weight.

I am assuming that wcm means weights cluster means, and that the
cfg.wcm_weight is used to specify priors about sensors/time/frequencies of
interest. However, it is not clear what this cfg.wcm_weight should look
like, which dimensions it should have and how the ft_freqstatistics treats
those weights.

It would be great if anyone could clarify this weighted cluster means.
Assuming that I'm looking for effects in the data that might be quite focal
in the time-frequency dimensions, would a weighting of ones (so equal
weighting for all time and frequency points) pick up more clusters even if
they are not very big in the time-frequency space?

Thanks for your help!

Anne Urai
MSc Brain and Mind Sciences
Institute of Neurology, University College London
 07428392105
 anne.urai