[FieldTrip] How to use FieldTrip on mat files for Biomag2012?

Vlad Chiriacescu vlad_chiriacescu at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 03:40:42 CEST 2012

  Hello,

  I am working on a school project related to the Biomag 2012 analysis competition.

  I have downloaded a .zip file from ftp://ftp.fcdonders.nl/pub/biomag2012/.

  I have extracted the content and I am interested in the second objective,
the one related to long-term memory representations (folder data2).

  I was able to load the 2 mat files into Matlab workspace.

  I was also able to use FieldTrip functions on tutorial code.

  However, when I try to use ft_preprocessing on one of the mat files I get an error.

  Here is the code I wrote:

  cfg1.dataset = 'ltmcla_S08.mat'
  data_org = ft_preprocessing(cfg1)

  And the error is:
  ??? Error using ==> ft_read_header at 1639
unsupported header format (matlab)

Error in ==> ft_preprocessing at 344
  hdr = ft_read_header(cfg.headerfile, 'headerformat', cfg.headerformat);

  I saw a tutorial using ft_read_header, ft_read_data and ft_write_data

on a .dat file that was converting it to a mat/bin pair.

  However, I do not have a .dat file, I have a .mat file.

  Just in case is necessary, I write some details of the .mat file:
Is a 1*1 matlab structure with the following fields:
data, channel, design, time, fs, dim.

  How could I use FieldTrip on this data? If there are more ways, which one would be the fastest/easiest?

  Thanks a lot,

  Vlad