[FieldTrip] plot functions and illustrator: set(gcf, 'interpreter', 'zbuffer')

Vitória Magalhães Piai vitoria.piai at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 15:18:47 CEST 2012

Hi,

On the FT page, Roemer said that using set(gcf,'interpreter','zbuffer')
may resolve problems when exporting from matlab as .eps and opening in
Illustrator.

That works fine for sensor-level data, for example TFRs with
ft_singleplotTFR. But it doesn't work when, for example, using
ft_sourceplot (I've akes around and I don't seem to be the only one
having this problem). But ok, so far so good, I can get around it.

But now I have an analysis I ran with LCMV for which I wanted to plot
the results. Interestingly, if I use ft_singleplotTFR in this case, I
cannot fix the bug with set(gcf,'interpreter','zbuffer'). It seems to
behave like when using ft_sourceplot, instead of behaving as
ft_singleplot when plotting sensor-level data.

Has anyone dealt with this bug before? I mean, not being able to fix it
with set(gcf,'interpreter','zbuffer')?

Thanx a lot, Vitoria

--
** Please consider the environment - do you really need to print? **