[FieldTrip] Fwd: Re: band pass and segmentation

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Mon Jul 9 12:17:33 CEST 2012

Dear Ivano,

I am forwarding your message and my reply to the discussion list again,
so that others might benefit or add information.
What you see looks to me pretty much like a filter artifact, which is
common to occur at the edges of your signal. In order to reduce these,
you can think of changing the order of your filter or, more ideal in my
opinion, use filterpadding. You can either let FieldTrip do that by
specifying cfg.padding or by defining your trials in a wider range (e.g.
add 1s pre and post time of interest) and then only plot the time of
interest, with the knowledge that the 1s padding before and after is
corrupted by filter artifacts.

Best,
Jörn