[FieldTrip] ft_headmodelplot coordinate system origin problem

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Mon Jan 2 17:27:07 CET 2012

Dear Ion,

Are you sure that the sensor positions are defined in the same coordinate system as are the volume conductor model and the source positions? If not, then this is the likely cause of the shift. You can have a look here for more information about the different coordinate systems: http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/faq/how_are_the_different_head_and_mri_coordinate_systems_defined

In order to coregister the anatomical mri to the sensor array, you can use ft_volumerealign.

Best wishes,

Jan-Mathijs

On Jan 2, 2012, at 5:11 PM, Ion Lavado wrote:

> Hello, i'm working with MEG data from Elekta Neuromag. My problem comes when i try to plot the headmodel with the function ft_headmodelplot(cfg). This should plot the head model(volume) + brain grid + sensors. As you can see in the adjunted image, my head volume and grid is not centered and part of the head could not be read by the sensors. Is it possible to modify this so i can center the head in the sensors(helmet)?
> Thank you very much.
>
> Ion Lavado

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793