[FieldTrip] beamformer_sam lambda

Rojas, Don Don.Rojas at ucdenver.edu
Fri Jan 6 22:12:15 CET 2012

To all,

I encountered a problem with the 'sam' method for ft_sourceanalysis. It looks to me that when specifying the configuration option:

cfg.sam.lambda = '5%';

i.e., lambda is a percentage, not an actual number, the beamformer_sam routine does not have comparable code as the beamformer_lcmv routine to handle that type of input. I'm wondering if simply inserting the following bit of code between lines 97 and 99 of beamformer_sam, borrowed and edited from beamformer_lcmv, will work:

if ~isempty(lambda) && ischar(lambda) && lambda(end)=='%'
  ratio = sscanf(lambda, '%f%%');
  ratio = ratio/100;
  lambda = ratio * trace(all_cov)/size(all_cov,1);
end

This seems to work okay in limited tests, but maybe I'm making a mistake here. I'm using a recent svn code version, revision 5097.

Best,

Don

Don Rojas, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychiatry
U. of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus
Director, UCD Magnetoencephalography Lab
13001 E. 17th Pl F546
Aurora, CO 80045
303-724-4994