[FieldTrip] MNE: sourcespace and volume aligned?

Sara Bögels s.bogels at psy.gla.ac.uk
Tue Feb 28 13:12:47 CET 2012

Hi all,

I am working my way through the MNE tutorial and plotted the mesh and
vol on top of each other at the end of the Freesurfer and MNE suite
steps to check whether they are aligned. The volume seems to fit quite
well into the mesh but is a bit smaller (see attached figures), but
definitely not a factor 10. However, from the figure (5) in the
tutorial, it seems as if the mesh has to be exactly on top of the
volume. Does my plot show that the two are misaligned? If so, what might
be the problem?

I tried to use ft_determine_coordsys on the vol, but that gives me the
error message: 'unknown units (dm)'. If I use it on the sourcespace I
get the output that the units are 'cm'.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Sara Bögels