[FieldTrip] classification group-level stats?

Akiko Ikkai akiko.ikkai at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 23:48:59 CET 2012

Dear FieldTrip users,

I'm running multivariate classification on my EEG data (subset of
electrodes), following this page (
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/multivariateanalysis?s[]=classification).
I have a question regarding a group-level stats.

I have classification results (accuracy and binomial p) for each of 16
subs' selected sensors (averaged across time and freq). I don't think I can
simply run one-sample t-test on accuracy against .5 (chance) at group
level, since at individual level, accuracy of .56 (for example) could be
associated with p of .3 (for example), depending on number of trials
(across subjects, number of trials that goes into SVM is more or less
constant). This could be significantly higher than chance (.5) if I simply
run one-sample t-test across subjects with just accuracy.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to run group stats (comparing with
chance-level) considering these factors?

Thanks in advance! Akiko

--
Akiko Ikkai, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow