[FieldTrip] ft_denoise_synthetic 3rd order grad

Panagiotis Tsiatsis Panagiotis.Tsiatsis at Tuebingen.MPG.de
Mon Apr 16 17:53:56 CEST 2012

Hello girls and guys,

It is working for my CTF MEG data - the version that I have is v4692
2011-11-07.

The other thing that might cause a problem could be ommiting the
reference channels definition before the ft_ preprocessing command that
gave you your "dataprepro"

i.e maybe you might  need something like this

//various preprocessing parameters

cfg.channel            = {'MEG', 'MEGREF', 'REFGRAD' , 'REFMAG'};

dataprepro = ft_preprocessing(cfg);

Hope you are lucky :)

Best,
Panagiotis

On 4/16/2012 4:59 PM, Stan van Pelt wrote:
> Hi Barbara,
>
> I can replicate your finding, but am unsure what is causing it. Maybe
> the difference/correction is lower than the Matlab or CTF precision?
> In any case, if the 3rd order gradients were on, ft_denoise_synthetic
> would undo the G3BR-balancing, ergo it toggles.
>
> Best,
> Stan

Panagiotis S. Tsiatsis
Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics
Cognitive NeuroImaging Group
Tuebingen, Germany