[FieldTrip] Running the ICA method to remove EOG/ECG artifact on Neuromag(*.fif) data

Candida Jane Maria Ustine candida at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 12 19:21:38 CEST 2012

Hello All,

I have just started reading about fieldtrip and I am learning a lot of
exciting things.

I have MEG data using the neuromag system and I wanted to run the
Independent Component Analysis on the .fif files to remove the EOG and ECG
artifact from them. I see that the documentation provided in the website(
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/example/use_independent_component_analysis_ica_to_remove_eog_artifacts)
has resources to handle CTF datasets, and I was wondering if anyone has
looked into the option of using the .fif files directly.
Or is there a way to convert the *.fif files to the CTF format as there is
an MNE utility to do the reverse mne_ctf2fif?

Thanks much for your time and help!

Best,
Candida

--
Candida Jane Maria Ustine
Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging

 The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it
is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the
e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance
HelpLine at http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent
to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact
the sender and properly dispose of the e-mail.