[FieldTrip] ANOVA mixed design, main effect

Sysoeva, Olga Vladimirovna sysoevao at psychiatry.wustl.edu
Thu Sep 1 08:20:15 CEST 2011

Dear fieldtriper,

I still a bit confused about mixed between/within subjects ANOVA design.
For example I have 1 within subject factor (condition1 and condition2) and 2 group of subjects. I'd like to examine the effect the effect of group and effect of condition, a well as interaction. The only effect I managed to examine with filedtrip right now is the interaction one. I subtracted cond1-cond2 and applied ft_timelockstatistic with independentT. I believe this approach is related to the concept of the between/within factors interaction. But how to examine main effects? I can certainly test them separately, but

I appreciate any help.
I believe I more or less understand the theory underlying this analysis, but what I need more now is how to implement in technically.

Best,
Olga.

Olga Sysoeva,
Research Associate, PhD