[FieldTrip] ROC

Sysoeva, Olga Vladimirovna sysoevao at psychiatry.wustl.edu
Thu Sep 1 08:09:04 CEST 2011

Dear field trippers,

I'd like to use the Receiver Operator Characteristic (ROC) as a stat_function for fr_timelockanlaysis (monte carlo perputation test).
I found the relevant function in the statfun folder, but it does not have the critical value, at which to base the subsequent analysis. Can you provide me with the hint how to implement it properly. What value of AUC can be used as a threshold?

The other issue is that I also want to construct the ROC based on the 2 independent parameters obtained from the same subjects. I mean that I want to use the conbined criterium for the classification (parameter1>X and parameter 2>Y). Can you recommend to me the proper way to do it in matlab?

Best Regards,
Olga.

Olga Sysoeva,
Research Associate, PhD