[FieldTrip] Brainvision recorder RDA

Casper van Heck caspervanheck at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 12:21:40 CET 2011

Dear all,

I'm trying to connect to Brainvision recorder using the built-in RDA system
and the rda2ft-files. I've got two computers; one with recorder and the
rda2ft-files, and one with the rest of fieldtrip which should connect to
the fieldtrip buffer. The goal is to get the secondary computer to show the
subject its performance (for example; the rms of a single channel) within
the task constraints.

When running rda2ft.exe (with the parameters localhost and 51244) it does
seem to connect; it shows the list of channels (all channels), their
resolution, and their names, and some other assorted stuff. However, it
then says:
"Unrecognized packet type (10000), has size 24 - exiting"

What does this mean, and how can I fix it? I've tried messing with the
settings of recorder, but nothing I do seems to make a difference.

Sincerely,

Casper van Heck