[FieldTrip] adding lines in multiplot TFR

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Mon May 2 14:10:11 CEST 2011

Hi Marianne,

Adding vertical lines to annotate, for example, events is not possible
using ft_multiplot_XXX afaik. A similar feature is added in
ft_databrowser, which however does only work for two-dimensional data
(amplitude x time). One way around would be to filter your data in the
desired frequency range and then use ft_databrowser. The function,
however, still lacks some functionality and compatibility. Should you
encounter any strange problems, feel free to contact me and we (the FT
developer team) will try to improve the databrowser according to your
experiences and wishes.

Another, slightly less elegant way to answer your question is the
following: Rutger from your group changed a fieldtrip method for his
personal purposes. Unselfishly, he called the function rutgerplot_TFR.
In this function, he added horizontal lines to annotate specific
frequency bands. You can maybe ask him to re-write this hack to add
vertical lines to annotate the events you are interested in.

Hope this helps!
Best,
Jörn

On 5/2/2011 1:57 PM, Severens, Marianne wrote:
> Dear fieldtrippers
>
> I have a question regarding the ft_multiplotTFR. Is it possible to add something to one (or more) of the subplots of the multiplot? My time axis of the TFR consists of several phases and I would like to add the transistion of one phase to the next in the plots with for example a vertical line.
> I've tried to find the axes of the individual subplots, but these don't seem to exist. Has someone already tried something like this?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Best Marianne Severens
>
> Disclaimer
> Vrijgave van de informatie verzonden met dit e-mail bericht is geaccordeerd door de ontvanger en/of zijn behandelend arts. Verstrekking van deze informatie is conform het Privacy reglement van de Sint Maartenskliniek. De informatie is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Gebruik van deze informatie door anderen dan de geadresseerde is, zonder voorafgaande schriftelijke toestemming van de rechthebbende , verboden. De Sint Maartenskliniek staat niet in voor de juiste en volledige overbrenging van de inhoud van een gezonden e-mail, noch voor de ontvangst daarvan.
>
> Sint Maartenskliniek
> Hengstdal 3
> 6522 JV NIJMEGEN
> Telefoon 024-3659 911