[FieldTrip] Tutorial error

Davide Rivolta drivolta81 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 10:51:14 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I am a very beginner with fieldtrip.

I have tried to run the tutorial a couple of weeks ago, and it worked
smoothly.

Yesterday I have tried again, but surprisngly I got anerror message, as soon
as I started the tutorial (the first step entitled: "reading and processing
the interesting trials"):

cfg                                = [];
cfg.dataset                    = 'Subject01.ds';
cfg.trialdef.eventtype      = 'backpanel trigger';
cfg.trialdef.eventvalue     = 3; % the value of the stimulus trigger for
fully incongruent (FIC).
cfg.trialdef.prestim         = 1; % in seconds
cfg.trialdef.poststim       = 2; % in seconds

cfg = ft_definetrial(cfg);

??? Attempt to reference field of non-structure array

Error in ==> trialfun_general at 117
for i=find(strcmp(cfg.trialdef.eventtype, {event.type}))

This sounds really weird since it worked 2 weeks ago on the same machine and
with the same version of Fieldtrip.

Any advice would be very appreciated.

Best wishes,

Davide