[FieldTrip] concatenating data to a single trial data set

Andreas Wollbrink a.wollbrink at uni-muenster.de
Mon Jun 20 14:45:54 CEST 2011

Dear all,

in order not to run into a RAM memory overload when performing an ICA on
MEG data I subdivided the raw data into several equally long segments
(chops) using ft_preprocessing with varying cfg.trl settings.
After applying ft_componentanalysis to each of these chops I removed
some (bad) components and backprojected the data to seperate data
matrices using the following code:

cfg = [];
cfg.component = badCompVec; % to be removed component(s)
dataCorr = ft_rejectcomponent(cfg, compData);

Finally I like to concatenate these data to a continuous (single trial)
data matrix in order to compare it with the original raw data set and
perform the further timelock analysis on it.

I tried using ft_appenddata for this issue. Doing so one gets a multi
trial data matrix which I could not convert to single trial continuous
data matrix using e.g. ft_redefinetrial.

I would appreciate any help in how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Andreas Wollbrink

   Andreas Wollbrink, Biomedical Engineer

   Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis
   Muenster University Hospital

   Malmedyweg 15         phone:   +49-(0)251-83-52546
   D-48149 Muenster      mobil:   +49-(0)160-98527553
   Germany               fax:     +49-(0)251-83-56874
                         e-Mail: a.wollbrink at uni-muenster.de