[FieldTrip] Using ICA to filter data

frank@greenant.net fieldtrip at greenant.net
Sat Jun 18 08:56:57 CEST 2011

My apologies, I think I may have been a bit unclear about the aims of collecting the data.
We're aiming to measure saccadic onset from the signal on a per-trial basis.
I was hoping to isolate the MRI noise "component" and subtract this from the EOG signal component
to give a cleaner EOG signal.

Can the ICA module be applied in the temporal domain in this fashion?
There are 40 single session trials of 6 seconds each, I would have thought that'd be enough data to
give it a try.  Also open to any suggestions as to other adaptive filter techniques....

Thanks