[FieldTrip] Problems time-frequency analysis of Local Field Potential

Eelke Spaak eelke.spaak at donders.ru.nl
Fri Dec 16 13:44:51 CET 2011

Dear Zuyue,

When you invoke ft_singleplotTFR, do you specify a means of baseline
correction and/or explicit z-limits (i.e., limits of the color axis)?
When looking at raw power (i.e., not contrasted), it is advisable to
use a baseline correction in order to see something. Also, specifying
z-limits of a different order of magnitude than your data will of
course lead to all blue plots.

You should take a look at the time-frequency analysis tutorial,
particularly the part about visualization:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/timefrequencyanalysis#visualization

If you still don't see anything after you use baseline correction (or
plot a contrast instead) and have proper z-limits, there might be
something else wrong.

Best,
Eelke