[FieldTrip] Time-frequency analysis: based on single trials or on average?

Eelke Spaak eelke.spaak at donders.ru.nl
Wed Dec 14 19:03:49 CET 2011

Hi Guido,

The FieldTrip method that performs time-frequency analyses is called
ft_freqanalysis. By default, ft_freqanalysis gives you power averaged
over trials as output. You can easily override this default behaviour
by specifying cfg.keeptrials='yes', you will then get a power estimate
for each individual trial.

You might want to take a look at the following tutorial, which covers
the basics of how to do time-frequency analysis in FieldTrip:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/timefrequencyanalysis

The reference documentation for ft_freqanalysis also might be of use:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/reference/ft_freqanalysis (which is the
same information you get when you type 'help ft_freqanalysis' or 'doc
ft_freqanalysis' at the matlab prompt).

Hope this was of help.

Best,
Eelke