[FieldTrip] Issues with neighbours in ft_timelockstatistics

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Wed Aug 31 13:02:52 CEST 2011

Hi Anna,

As you might have read, we recently updated how neighbours are computed
and stored, and that you have to specify your neighbours manually now.
Could you let me know how you defined the neighbours and how many
channels your data has? Maybe there is a mismatch between the neighbour
struct and your data in number of sensors, but that's just a wild guess.

Anyhow, the result might look different depending on how you define your
neighbours. Anyway, if you provide more information I can look into this
and see how to fix it.

Best,
Jörn

On 8/30/2011 5:46 PM, Anna Lambrechts wrote:
> Dear fieldtrip community,
>
> Until about two weeks ago I was using a batch to process group
> comparison statistics on MEG data using ft_timelockstatistics. A week
> later, the same batch was not working anymore, even on the same data.
>
> The error I get is the following:
>
> *??? Improper index matrix reference.
>
> Error in ==> clusterstat>makechanneighbstructmat at 520
>     [seld] = match_str(cfg.channel, cfg.neighbours(chan).label);
>
> Error in ==> clusterstat at 60
>     channeighbstructmat = makechanneighbstructmat(cfg);
>
> Error in ==> statistics_montecarlo at 320
>   [stat, cfg] = clusterstat(cfg, statrand, statobs,'issource',issource);
>
> Error in ==> statistics_wrapper at 290
>     [stat, cfg] = statmethod(cfg, dat, design, 'issource',issource);
>
> Error in ==> ft_timelockstatistics at 124
> [stat, cfg] = statistics_wrapper(cfg, varargin{:});
>
> Error in ==> myfunction_stats at 59
> gpstat = ft_timelockstatistics(cfg, data1, data2);
>
> *It seems the error concerns the 'neighbours.mat' file reading, even
> though I am not sure about it. When I delete the two last lines in
> this file (to match the size of matrix wanted) the error disappears,
> but the processing is incomplete and false (or at least it does not
> match the results I had before).
>
> Has anyone encounter the same issue?
> Did you do any update recently that might explain this problem, and do
> you have any idea how to remedy to it?
>
> Best wishes,
> Anna.

Jörn M. Horschig