[FieldTrip] Issues with neighbours in ft_timelockstatistics

Anna Lambrechts anna.lambrechts at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 17:46:52 CEST 2011

Dear fieldtrip community,

Until about two weeks ago I was using a batch to process group comparison
statistics on MEG data using ft_timelockstatistics. A week later, the same
batch was not working anymore, even on the same data.

The error I get is the following:

*??? Improper index matrix reference.

Error in ==> clusterstat>makechanneighbstructmat at 520
    [seld] = match_str(cfg.channel, cfg.neighbours(chan).label);

Error in ==> clusterstat at 60
    channeighbstructmat = makechanneighbstructmat(cfg);

Error in ==> statistics_montecarlo at 320
  [stat, cfg] = clusterstat(cfg, statrand, statobs,'issource',issource);

Error in ==> statistics_wrapper at 290
    [stat, cfg] = statmethod(cfg, dat, design, 'issource',issource);

Error in ==> ft_timelockstatistics at 124
[stat, cfg] = statistics_wrapper(cfg, varargin{:});

Error in ==> myfunction_stats at 59
gpstat = ft_timelockstatistics(cfg, data1, data2);

*It seems the error concerns the 'neighbours.mat' file reading, even though
I am not sure about it. When I delete the two last lines in this file (to
match the size of matrix wanted) the error disappears, but the processing is
incomplete and false (or at least it does not match the results I had
before).

Has anyone encounter the same issue?
Did you do any update recently that might explain this problem, and do you
have any idea how to remedy to it?

Best wishes,
Anna.