[FieldTrip] PLV/coherence on Neuromag gradiometer data

David Ziegler daz at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 26 17:42:36 CEST 2011

Hi Fieldtrippers,

I am interested in analyzing PLV or coherence in my MEG data from a
Neuromag 306 system.  In the past, for looking at power alone, I have
calculated TFRs on the gradiometer data, then ran ft_combineplanar to
average the gradiometer pairs.  Should I use the same approach for
calculating the cross-spectral density, or does this create any problems
when I go to combine the results for gradiometer pairs?  In particular,
I am trying to wrap my head around how I would set up cfg.channelcmb if
I want to look at all channel pairs, but then want to subsequently
perform ft_combineplanar. (or maybe this is the wrong approach altogether?)

Thanks,
David

--

David A. Ziegler

Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
43 Vassar St,46-5121
Cambridge, MA 02139

Tel: 617-258-0765