Aligning head across runs

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at DONDERS.RU.NL
Wed Jul 14 09:13:22 CEST 2010

Hi Max,

You may want to have a look at the function ft_megrealign.
Alternatively, you could construct a gradiometer structure which
contains a meaningful average of the coil positions and orientations.

Cheers,

Jan-Mathijs

On Jul 13, 2010, at 9:28 PM, Maximilien Chaumon wrote:

> Hello fieldtripers,
>
> I've read this topic https://listserv.surfnet.nl/scripts/wa.cgi?A2=ind1004&L=FIELDTRIP&D=0&P=4576
>  which poses the same problem that I'm going to raise now.
>
> I have several runs and want to concatenate my data. I understand
> that I can do ft_appenddata, but that I then loose the sensor
> positions of the second and subsequent runs.
> Is there a way to align the head position across runs? Does it make
> sense to interpolate the data between sensors to align all to the
> same position?
>
> Thanks,
> Max
>
> The aim of this list is to facilitate the discussion between users
> of the FieldTrip toolbox, to share experiences and to discuss new
> ideas for MEG and EEG analysis.
>
> http://listserv.surfnet.nl/archives/fieldtrip.html
>
> http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip/

Dr. J.M. (Jan-Mathijs) Schoffelen