ft_channelrepair produces only NaNs

Fri Jul 2 16:39:31 CEST 2010

Dear Henning

Your electrodes seem to be expressed in mm, see

>> load Desktop/elec_structure.mat
>> elec.pnt
ans =
   80.7840   26.1330   -4.0011
   84.9812         0   -1.7860
   80.7840  -26.1330   -4.0011
   76.1528   31.4828   20.8468
   76.1528  -31.4828   20.8468

The default cfg.neighbourdist is 4, which is appropriate for 4 cm but not 4 mm. So that means that none of the channels is considered a neighbour. The "repair" is done by computing a weighted average over the neighbours that ly withing the specified cfg.neighbourdist, and where the weight is schaled with the inverse distance.

If you specify cfg.neighbourdist correctly (40 would probably work fine), you''ll also see in the feedback on screen which electrodes are used for the repairing.

hope this helps.
Robert

Robert Oostenveld, PhD
Senior Researcher