topograhies wrong when using componetbrowser on the output of fastica

Michael Wibral michael.wibral at WEB.DE
Tue Aug 31 11:07:48 CEST 2010

Dear Listusers,

I compared fastica and runica in ft_componentanalysis and found their output (with respect to component-topographies) to be absolutely different, although component timecourses agree largely.
Remembering an earlier post to this list on how the component topography output was fixed (for runica) I think it's possible that this fix broke the topography display for fastica. The reason I suspect this is because the definitions of what an ica weight is differ in EEGLAB (runica.m) and fastica.m, i.e. they are the inverse of each other.

Michael