neuromag vectorview 306 triggers

David Ziegler daz at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 7 20:53:27 CEST 2010

Hi Fieldtrippers,

I am trying to use FT to analyze data collected form a Neuromag Vectorview 306
and am trying to figure out the proper way to read all of my triggers.  The
wiki noted that the old function read_trigger treated trigger values below 5 as
noise.  I tried using ft_definetrial, and it appears to ignore these values as
well. This is the output I get when searching for readable triggers:

>Reading 22200 ... 269399  =     36.962 ...   448.539 secs... [done]
>the following events were found in the datafile
>event type: 'STI 001' with event values: 5
>event type: 'STI 002' with event values: 5
>event type: 'STI 003' with event values: 5
>event type: 'STI 004' with event values: 5
>event type: 'STI 005' with event values: 5
>event type: 'STI 006' with event values: 5
>event type: 'STI 014' with event values: 5   6   7   8   9  10  11  16  32
>no trials have been defined yet, see DEFINETRIAL for further help
>found 882 events
>created 0 trials

My design uses all trigger values from 1-11 and 16 and 32, so I am hoping there
is a way to read trigger values 1-4 somehow.

Thanks!
David