single trial source signal

Hanneke Van Dijk Hanneke.vanDijk at MED.UNI-DUESSELDORF.DE
Sun Nov 29 09:38:55 CET 2009

Dear Vasan,

Since I don't know exactly how far you are in doing the analysis, I just send you the basic script that shows the most important parameters. Don't forget to do freqanalysis with cfg.output = 'fourier' and cfg.method = 'mtmfft' for the specific frequency (cfg.foilim) you want to focus on.

cfg                 = [];
cfg.grid.pos        = location of source coordinate;% [x y z] to fill in
cfg.frequency       = frequency of interest;
cfg.vol             = headmodel; %to make yourself see http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/example/make_leadfields_using_different_headmodels
cfg.projectnoise    = 'yes';%to compute the neural activity index using sourcedescriptives
cfg.lambda          = '10%';%the amount of noice to estimate estimated
cfg.method          = 'pcc';
cfg.keeptrials      = 'yes';
Virtual_channeldata = sourceanalysis(cfg,freq);

You can do sourcedescriptives after that.

'help freqanalysis', 'help sourceanalysis' and 'help sourcedescriptives' should also help you further. Or you could have a look at the fieldtrip website. There are a lot of options to taylor the analysis to your data.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Hanneke van Dijk

Institute for Clinical Neuroscience and Medical Psychology
Heinrich Heine Universitaet, Duesseldorf, Germany