SPM2 and SPM5

Vladimir Litvak v.litvak at ION.UCL.AC.UK
Thu Jan 22 00:41:59 CET 2009

Dear Wei,

There is a lot of work being done now aimed at integrating Fieldtrip
and SPM8. See
http://neuroimaging.ruhosting.nl/fieldtrip/doku.php?id=fieldtrip:documentation:integrating_with_spm8

One of the features that will be available very soon (definitely by
April 1, probably about a month from now) is the possibility to build
subject-specific head models for MEG and EEG based on
inverse-normalisation of template meshes, rather than segmentation.
This will make it possible to get quite good head models even with
suboptimal structural images (at least as good as those images
possibly allow).

Better support of Neuromag is also in the focus of our work right now.
Neuromag is supported in Fieldtrip and SPM8 already using meg_pd
toolbox and you can try analysing your data similarly to what you
would do for CTF. However, there might be problems with some variants
of Neuromag fif format, some of which are also platform dependent. We
are working on developing a new Neuromag reader that will hopefully
resolve these problems.

So you may get started with the things that are already available and
we hope that there will be improvements in these particular areas in
the coming months.

Best,

Vladimir