meg-pd function "rawdata"

Wed Feb 4 17:50:50 CET 2009

Hi Masaki

On 4 Feb 2009, at 16:55, Masaki Maruyama wrote:

> After 102.1 second the output delays by 0.1 second, which seems to
> be a
> causal of the wrong time detection of trials. I cannot find out why
> it happened
> in the MEG recording, but I like to see averaged fields from the
> data. Could
> you please give me advices?
>
> Thank you in advance for your kind advices.

It seems due to a (rounding-off?) bug in rawdata. The fif access mex
files are causing a lot of problems, and that is why we recently
decided to switch to a new implementation for reading the fif files in
fieldtrip.

The new implementation for fieldtrip is based on low-level functions
from the MNE toolbox by Matti Hamalainen:
   see http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/martinos/userInfo/data/sofMNE.php
and try the fieldtrip functions read_header and read_data with an
explicit specification of headerformat=neuromag_nme and
dataformat=neuromag_mne respectively. That should cause the low-level
readers from Matti to be used. Also read_event should be able to give
you the correct trial markers.

Laurence (CC) should be able to tell you more about the current status
of this new implementation.

best regards,
Robert

PS note that the MNE toolbox functions are not released together with
fieldtrip, due to licensing limitations.