partial artefact rejection

Nina Kahlbrock Nina.Kahlbrock at UNI-DUESSELDORF.DE
Wed Feb 11 16:14:33 CET 2009

Dear all,

I have a question concerning partial artefact rejection.
In my experiment, I have used trials of different lengths. For
preprocessing, I have extended all of the trials to a certain length in
order to avoid filter artefacts from cutting trials. I have then used
partial artefact rejection and preprocessed the trials.
In order to calculate TFRs, I would like to use the actual lengths of the
trials again by cutting the trials to the former lengths.
Now my questions: How exactly is partial artefact rejection done? As I see
it from my data, the data points contaminated by artefacts are removed from
the structure, right? The offset seems to be adjusted to the cut trials, though.
How do you suggest that I get my actual trial lengths back? It seems that I
cannot know what part of the remaining data still belongs to my old trial
and which part belongs to the part that was only used for preprocessing but
needs to be cut out.

I appreciate your help!

Thanks in advance,

Nina