Problem with neuroscan eeg definetrial

Matteo Fraschini fraschini at UNICA.IT
Thu Feb 26 15:38:22 CET 2009

Dear all,
i have a problem trying to define trials with my eeg neuroscan file.
At the end of the following steps i can not see any trials on my cfg structure...

cfg.datafile='my_eeg_file.eeg';
cfg.headerfile='my_eeg_file.eeg';

(where my_eeg_file.eeg is the full path to my file... 'C:\...\my_eeg_file.eeg')

Now, if i type cfg.trialdef.eventtype  = '?' i have:

datafile: 'my_eeg_file.eeg'
headerfile: 'my_eeg_file.eeg'
trialdef: [1x1 struct]

Typing cfg = definetrial(cfg); i have:

evaluating trialfunction 'trialfun_general'
the following events were found in the datafile
event type: 'accept' with event values: 1
event type: 'trial' with event values: 1  2
no trials have been defined yet, see DEFINETRIAL for further help
found 400 events
created 0 trials

So it looks good with my events. Still have to define the trials, ok.
Now i use cfg.trialdef.eventtype and cfg.trialdef.eventvalue to define trials but the trl[]
field on cfg structure is still empty...
Can anyone give me a suggestion please?
Thank you very much,
Matteo