single trial source signal

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen j.schoffelen at PSY.GLA.AC.UK
Tue Dec 1 09:03:12 CET 2009

Vasan,

I feel that FieldTrip has the capability of extracting the single
trial source signals. I think that MNE and LORETA do not fully support
it yet, but in order to get there, you may have to hack the code a
bit. With LCMV it is certainly possible. The only thing you have to do
is specify cfg.keepfilter = 'yes' prior to sourceanalysis. The output
to sourceanalysis will contain a field source.avg.filter, which
contain per voxel the beamformer weights.
You can get the single trial source data per voxel by doing something
like this on the command line:

singletrialvoxeldataofvoxelXintrialY = source.avg.filter{X} *
data.trial{Y}. Et voilĂ .

MNE and LORETA provide the projection matrix in one big shot, and as
far as I know do not yet output the filt-matrix directly, but it
should be possible to extract these from the functions and apply the
same logic.

Good luck,

Jan-Mathijs