problem with brain vision data import?

Michael Wibral wibral at BIC.UNI-FRANKFURT.DE
Thu Aug 27 12:32:35 CEST 2009

Dear Paolo,

as far as I recall there should be functions to read brain vision recorder files directly into fieldtrip, i.e. you can read the .egg/.vhdr, etc. files with fieldtrip functions like definetrial.m, read_fcdc_data.m and preprocessing.m  . There is no need to export to matlab first. As another workaround you could use the bvaimport functions of eeglab, cut things into trials, perhaps clean the data there and then save an eeglab .set file and read this into fieldtrip using the eeglab2fieldtrip.m function.

Michael