4D data reading -> 148 channel system

jan-mathijs schoffelen j.schoffelen at PSY.GLA.AC.UK
Thu Oct 9 12:28:34 CEST 2008

Dear Julian,

You can easily make this change yourself in the appropriate place of
read_4d_hdr for the time being.
I made the change as well (it seems to look ok for both the 148 and
248 channel systems) and put it in the fieldtrip release.

Yours,

Jan-Mathijs

On Oct 9, 2008, at 11:01 AM, Julian Keil wrote:

> Hello Jan-Mathijs,
>
> thanks for the fast fix of problem 1.
> As for problem 2: the data.hdr.orig.channel indeed looks meaningful
> and replacing the files as you mentioned works fine.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Julian
>
> Am 08.10.2008 um 17:53 schrieb jan-mathijs schoffelen:
>
>> Dear Julian,
>>
>> As of the debugging thingy: sorry about that, I thought I adjusted
>> it but apparently something went wrong. You can easily fix this
>> yourself by going to the appropriate function. It's read_4d_hdr
>> and you just have to remove the keyboard-statement somewhere in
>> the code. I don't know where the function is located in the
>> release version of fieldtrip, but it should be somewhere like
>> fieldtrip/private, or fieldtrip/fileio/private. I hope that as of
>> tomorrow the trailing keyboard statement is removed from the
>> release version.
>> Regarding your second point: I tried it out with a 148-channel
>> dataset I have lying around, and you're absolutely right.
>> Interestingly, for the 248-system it works just fine. Give me some
>> time to look into this. I hope to get it working robustly for both
>> systems. Could you for the time being check whether the field
>> data.hdr.orig.Channel looks meaningful for your data? A solution
>> for now would be to replace data.hdr.label (and data.label) with
>> hdr.orig.Channel.
>>

>> Yours,
>>
>> Jan-Mathijs
>>

>> On Oct 8, 2008, at 4:22 PM, Julian Keil wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> i just tried to read 4D raw data as was suggested in the recent
>>> discussion.
>>> Unfortunately, I encountered 2 Problems:
>>>
>>> First, Matlab still enters the debug-mode, although I'm using the
>>> latest version of Fieldtrip
>>> Second, though I can read the raw datal, the labels for the MEG
>>> channels are missing. The data.hdr.label contains the 165
>>> recorded channels but the labels are not the Names but - as I
>>> think - the locations.
>>> (e.g. A3+03).
>>> Could it be, that the definition for the 148-channel 4d-system is
>>> missing?
>>> Does anyone have a hint hw to solve this?
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot
>>>
>>> Julian Keil
>>>

>>> Dipl. Psych. Julian Keil
>>>
>>> OBOB-Lab