coherence and phase locking values

Hsu, Shen-Mou shehsu at INDIANA.EDU
Tue Nov 11 05:37:37 CET 2008

Dear Users,

 I have a question regarding the differences among the following phase-synchronization measures for channel pairs.

1. coherence, specified in the fieldtripbox, also called ERLCOH in the EEGlab toolbox

2.ERPCOH, specified in the EEGlab toolbox, also for computing event-related coherence between two channels (for formula, please see Journal of Neuroscience Methods 134(2004),9-21, p9).

3. Phase locking value, defined by Lachaux(1999).

I was wondering if someone could direct me to the pros and cons of each measure.

Many thanks,

Shen-Mou