smoothing sensor data

Ingrid Nieuwenhuis ingrid.nieuwenhuis at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Tue Nov 4 17:19:14 CET 2008

Hi everyone,

Did anyone try smoothing single-subject data on sensor level before? In
source-space I noticed that smoothing my single subjects (MEG)data made the
GA-statistical analysis more sensitive because the source-locations were a
bit shifted over subjects (MEG spatial resolution apparently isn't that bad
after all ;) ). There I used a spm_smooth function on my volume data. But
now I want to try the same on sensor level, I have pretty focal blobs, and
cluster-analysis "looses" the cluster over time in the GA.

Now I wonder how to do this. I could use the sensor locations in the grad
and then adjust the values according to distance in 3D space. Before making
this myself I was just wondering if anyone already made code to do the same.
Ideas on how to do it are also much appreciated ;)

Best regards,

Ingrid

Ingrid Nieuwenhuis

PhD student