DICS Localization Problem

Nathan Weisz nathanweisz at MAC.COM
Tue Aug 5 07:34:34 CEST 2008

dear nathan,

we see nice mu desynchronizations nicely localized to motor cortex
when subjects prepare responding to a target using a 4-D 2500 WH (the
one with 148 sensors).
Have you already done localizations with your MEG system using a
segmented brain? If not, then I suggest to check if you get the same
results using a more 'standard' headmodel, e.g. multisphere (like in
the tutorial). this assures you always are in the MEG-coordinate
system, and have no weird mixture between coordinate systems. you need
a headshape for that (pretty standard with 4D; i can provide you with
one if you don't have one). also you might want to check if your
volume / grid makes sense relative to the sensor position using
'headmodelplot'.

good luck,
yet-another-nathan

Attention: New Contact Details
Dr. Nathan Weisz

OBOB-Lab
University of Konstanz
Department of Psychology
P.O. Box D23
78457 Konstanz
Germany

Tel: ++49 - (0)7531 - 88 45 84
Email: nathan.weisz at uni-konstanz.de
Homepage: coming soon

Bob-wisdom: It's better to do one job well than two jobs... not so well.