plotting planar gradient data

Floris de Lange florisdelange at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 10 16:26:11 CEST 2008

Salut Fieldtrippers,

I am wondering whether there is a small bug in the routine that transforms
data to planar gradient (or alternatively, I'm doing something stupid).

After I have created an average ERF, using timelockanalysis, I transform my
data to planar gradient using the following two commands:

cfg = [];
cfg.planarmethod = 'sincos';
erf_planar = megplanar(cfg,erf_axial);
erf_planarcomb = combineplanar([],erf_planar);

Now, several fields are gone/not compatible anymore with the plotting routines.

First of all, I have to add a dimord-field:
erf_planarcomb.dimord = 'chan_time';

Then, the time-field gets encapsulated in a structure, which the plotting
routines don't like, so I have to specify:
erf_planarcomb.time = erf_planarcomb.time{1};

And the same for the data field:
erf_planarcomb.avg = erf_planarcomb.trial{1};

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
If I look at the ERF-tutorial
(http://www2.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip/doku.php?id=fieldtrip:documentation:tutorial:eventrelatedaveraging)
all these steps don't seem necessary..

Thanks for your feedback,