clusterstats for depth electrodes

Eric Maris maris at NICI.RU.NL
Fri Oct 19 07:09:54 CEST 2007

Hi Bernhard,

> We have a set of intracranial EEG recordings and would now like to assess

> statistical differences between two conditions of interest. Using the

> timelockstatistics function, however, it seems to require a 'regular'

> channel array, which we cannot provide with depth electrodes. That is, we

> don't wanna do the cluster analysis across a spatial cluster, but simply

> across time. Is this possible in the current version?

> The code we took from the tutorial along with the error message we get is

> attached below,

If you use cfg.neighbours={} (i.e., an empty neighbourhood structure), you
will only cluster in time and (if present) frequency.

Eric Maris

dr. Eric Maris

NICI/Biological Psychology and

F.C. Donders Center for Cognitive NeuroImaging

University of Nijmegen

P.O. Box 9104

6500 HE Nijmegen

The Netherlands

T:+31 24 3612651 (NICI)

T:+31 24 3610754 (FCDC)

F:+31 24 3616066 (NICI)

E: maris at nici.ru.nl

MSc Cognitive Neuroscience : <http://www.ru.nl/master/cns/>
www.ru.nl/master/cns/

> Thanks,

> Bernhard

> --- CODE

> cfg = [];

> cfg.correctm = 'no';

> cfg.method = 'montecarlo';

> cfg.statistic = 'indepsamplesT';

> cfg.clusteralpha = 0.05;

> cfg.clusterstatistic = 'maxsum';

> cfg.minnbchan = 0;

> cfg.tail = 0;

> cfg.clustertail = 0;

> cfg.alpha = 0.05;

> cfg.numrandomization = 100;

> design = zeros(1,size(cond1.trial,1)+size(cond2.trial,1));

> design(1,1:size(cond1.trial,1)) = 1;

design(1,(size(cond1.trial,1)+1:(size(cond1.trial,1)+size(cond2.trial,1))))
= 2;

> cfg.design = design;

> cfg.ivar = 1;

> cfg.channel = {'all'};

> cfg.latency = [0 1];

> [stat] = timelockstatistics(cfg, cond1, cond2);

> -- ERROR

> >> [stat] = timelockstatistics(cfg, cond1, cond2);

> selected 32 channels

> selected 1000 time bins

> selected 1 frequency bins

> Warning: PACK can only be used from the MATLAB command line.

> > In fieldtrip-0.9.8/private/prepare_timefreq_data at 310

>   In fieldtrip-0.9.8/private/statistics_wrapper at 187

>   In timelockstatistics at 102

> ??? Undefined function or variable "sens".

> Error in ==> neighbourselection at 87

> if ~isstruct(sens)

> Error in ==> fieldtrip-0.9.8/private/statistics_wrapper at 211

>     cfg.neighbours = neighbourselection(cfg,varargin{1});

> Error in ==> timelockstatistics at 102

> [stat] = statistics_wrapper(cfg, varargin{:});

> The aim of this list is to facilitate the discussion between users of the
FieldTrip

> toolbox, to share experiences and to discuss new ideas for MEG and EEG
analysis.