clusterstats for depth electrodes

Bernhard Staresina bps231 at NYU.EDU
Fri Oct 19 01:37:09 CEST 2007

Dear Fieldtrippers,

We have a set of intracranial EEG recordings and would now like to assess
statistical differences between two conditions of interest. Using the
timelockstatistics function, however, it seems to require a ‘regular’
channel array, which we cannot provide with depth electrodes. That is, we
don’t wanna do the cluster analysis across a spatial cluster, but simply
across time. Is this possible in the current version?
The code we took from the tutorial along with the error message we get is
attached below,

Thanks,
Bernhard

--- CODE

cfg = [];
cfg.correctm = 'no';
cfg.method = 'montecarlo';
cfg.statistic = 'indepsamplesT';

cfg.clusteralpha = 0.05;
cfg.clusterstatistic = 'maxsum';
cfg.minnbchan = 0;

cfg.tail = 0;
cfg.clustertail = 0;
cfg.alpha = 0.05;
cfg.numrandomization = 100;

design = zeros(1,size(cond1.trial,1)+size(cond2.trial,1));
design(1,1:size(cond1.trial,1)) = 1;
design(1,(size(cond1.trial,1)+1:(size(cond1.trial,1)+size(cond2.trial,1)))) = 2;

cfg.design = design;
cfg.ivar = 1;

cfg.channel = {'all'};
cfg.latency = [0 1];

[stat] = timelockstatistics(cfg, cond1, cond2);

-- ERROR

>> [stat] = timelockstatistics(cfg, cond1, cond2);
selected 32 channels
selected 1000 time bins
selected 1 frequency bins
Warning: PACK can only be used from the MATLAB command line.
> In fieldtrip-0.9.8/private/prepare_timefreq_data at 310
  In fieldtrip-0.9.8/private/statistics_wrapper at 187
  In timelockstatistics at 102
??? Undefined function or variable "sens".

Error in ==> neighbourselection at 87
if ~isstruct(sens)

Error in ==> fieldtrip-0.9.8/private/statistics_wrapper at 211
    cfg.neighbours = neighbourselection(cfg,varargin{1});

Error in ==> timelockstatistics at 102
[stat] = statistics_wrapper(cfg, varargin{:});