comparing groups of different sizes

Andrew Smart andrew.smart at NYU.EDU
Mon Nov 12 20:41:00 CET 2007

Hi,
I would like to compare a clinical group with a control group in one condition using the cluster-
based permuation test to see if there are significant differences between the groups.

I tried the following design matrix acting as if the control and clinical group were two conditions,
but get the error that the matrix is improperly specified:

adhd=5;
control=6;

design=zeros(2,adhd+control);

for i=1:adhd
    design(1,i)=i;
end
for i=1:control
    design(1,adhd+i)=i;
end

design(2,1:adhd)=1;
design(2,adhd+1:2*adhd+1) = 2;

cfg.design   = design;
cfg.uvar  = 1;
cfg.ivar  = 2;

[stat_controlvsadhd] = timelockstatistics(cfg, grandavgadhdnoise,grandavgcontrolnoise);

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you
Andrew