again value of triggers

alotof eve alotof_xd at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 29 05:16:25 CEST 2007

Hi, FieldTrip experts,

     I tried the data in SPM5 and found SPM5 could read out other trigger values from STI101 channel. So it might be something wrong with my steps. But I couldn't find out where the problem might be.
    I read .fif data head with command: hdr = read_fcdc_header(filename);
    I also read the event with command: [event]=read_fcdc_event(filename);
    then I checked the trigger: [event(find(strcmp('STI101', {event.type}))).value]
  Why it miss some triggers with different values?
  Thanks in advance.

  Best,
  Eve

alotof eve <alotof_xd at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
  Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 10:20:03 -0700
From: alotof eve <alotof_xd at YAHOO.COM>
Subject: [FIELDTRIP] value of triggers
To: FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL

  Hi, FieldTrip experts,

     I met a problem on value of triggers. I don't know if you have similar experience. The steps I used were correct but some values missed. i.e., I set triggers with 1,2,3,5 values but only 5 can be found.
   The data collected from latest NeuroMag 306 Vectorview system. The script was wrote in E-Prime. The command I used in FieldTrip as followed:

     [event(find(strcmp('STI101', {event.type}))).value]

     The number and sample of triggers whose value is 5 are correct. But triggers whose value is 1, 2 or 3 are miss. No trigger value in other channel like STI201 and STI301.

     I have no idea where the key is to the problem. I don't think that FieldTrip cannot read triggers whose value is less than 5. Is that any tricks needed on E-Prime? Or anythng need to be noticed during data collection?

     Thaks in advance.

  Best,
  Eve

  Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.   ----------------------------------
  The aim of this list is to facilitate the discussion between users of the FieldTrip toolbox, to share experiences and to discuss new ideas for MEG and EEG analysis.
  http://listserv.surfnet.nl/archives/fieldtrip.html
  http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip/